Friday, September 27, 2013

Smoothie with Kale!

Sometimes I find myself craving something sweet, or even wanting to eat/drink something although I already had my lunch 2 hours ago. I strongly try to avoid any unnecessary sweets, so finally, after googling for quite a few ideas, I ran into a smoothie recipe. It is by one of my favorite youtubers, "Blogilates"; some of you may be familiar with her. Anyways, it is so simple to make, is healthy, and most of all, it tastes great! There is no need to worry about it being a green smoothie (after all, some of us do drink the Naked smoothie, 'Green Machine' too!) To be honest, I was a little skeptical when kale was one of the ingredients.

I can eat it like any other salad, it tastes like lettuce, but slightly bitter. This might be a good alternative for those who can't stand eating kale. This highly raved vegetable is rich in antioxidants, vitamins A & K, helps lower cholesterol, and risks of cancer. The vitamin C from lemon and kale combine together to form carnitine, a chemical substance that is important for energy production, hence making this metabolism boosting smoothie.

Ingredients:

1 banana

1-1.5 cup kale

1/2 cup almond milk

Juice from 1 small lemon

1/2 cup non-fat plain greek yogurt

Handful of ice

1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper

Method:

Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend away! This made about 1 1/2 cup of smoothie for me. You definitely feel full, and this is 232 calories...I don't recommend drinking this all at the same time. Yes, this is healthy, but even healthy foods should be eaten in moderation. Overall, I loved the smoothie, and I did feel energized, and I'm going to make some more!

Here's the link to the blogilates video if anyone wants to check it out:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments here