Sunday, December 22, 2013

Celebrity Beauty Quotes: Jennifer Lawrence


Gotta love Jennifer Lawrence!

quote, celebrity, Jennifer, Lawrence, Jennifer Lawrence, Hunger, Hunger games, games, fall, katniss, weight, weight loss, anorexia, underfed, malnourished, fat, thin, skinny, catching fire

It's a big mistake to think that you can starve yourself and workout rigorously to lose weight. It does seem logical, low energy input and more energy consumed = more calories burned altogether. This strategy made sense to me too, until I applied it. I lost about 5lbs in 2 weeks, rolling onto 6, and I was excited. I didn't see any signs of regaining weight. Then one day onwards, I decided to workout in moderation, about 4-5 days a week, and eat healthy food. Prior to this I was consuming less than 500 calories per day!

When I adopted this new plan to 'normalize' my eating and maintaining a healthy workout routine, I actually ended up regaining some of the weight. It perplexed me, because every time I looked in the mirror, I expected to see some decent weight loss. After reading articles and talking to people, I found out that it was the fast weight loss that was gaining back on me. It was frustrating, but I stuck with my plan for weeks, and never went back to starving and over-exerting myself.

Workout at least 3-4 times a week, particularly with weights, to tone and define those muscles. Eat quality food with high amounts of protein. Protein helps you feel satiated for longer, helps repair and build body cells. Have sugary foods only in moderation; perhaps once a week, or, in my opinion, once every 2 weeks. When you abstain from a food you like, it's normal to have cravings. If you hold back for too long, you can become vulnerable to gorging on that snack in one sitting. That's why, it doesn't hurt to have some once in a while. ONCE IN A WHILE. And, ofcourse, drink at least 8 glasses of water. By doing this, not only will you feel fresh and renewed everyday, but you will feel mentally active, have healthier skin*, and feel fitter and stronger!    


*Here's a link to my clean and healthy skin post: http://themorningdew23.blogspot.com/2013/12/keeping-your-face-clean-and-clear.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments here